FOOD & DRINK
A selection of food trucks will be stocked with delicious delicacies, catering to gluten-free and vegetarian needs. There will be a Grower’s Area with homegrown food options and a bar with Stone & Wood and Batlow Cider, ready to quench your thirst.
No additional food and drink can be brought onto the site.
Known as a holiday destination the Great Lakes boasts plenty of stay options from budget to boutique in close proximity to the festival in Tuncurry and Forster. Feeling a real weekend away? Take a look at AirBnB for villa and house options in surrounding areas like Pacific Palms, Seal Rocks and Smiths Lake. Needing a cabin? Plenty of caravan parks are also on our door stop.
Jasmine Lodge Motel (Forster)
Forster and Wallis Lake Motel (Forster)
The Dorsal Boutique Hotel (Forster)
Island Palms Motor Inn (Forster)
Bella Villa Motor Inn (Forster)
Golden Sands Motor Inn (Forster)
Tuncurry Beach Motel (Tuncurry)
Tuncurry Motor Lodge (Tuncurry)
Bali Hi Motel (Tuncurry)
BIG4 Forster-Tuncurry Great Lakes Holiday Park (Tuncurry)
Twin Dolphins Holiday Park (Tuncurry)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons attending this event; we have in place these conditions of entry.
• To enter this event site, you must have a valid ticket or other approved authorization and or accreditation
• This event is 18+, Patrons will be required to present photo ID as proof of age
• Accepted forms of ID are Photo Drivers License, NSW Photo Card, Current Passport
• Any person gaining unauthorized access to this event will be liable to prosecution
• Any person found not to be wearing an official event wristband will be ejected from the event
• Promoters and organisers reserve the right to search all persons and all personal possessions at the time of entry to the venue.
Failure to comply will mean you will be prevented from entering the event; this is a condition of entry
• This event is fully licensed. Alcohol sales are subject to Responsible Service of Alcohol Practices.
• We are prohibited by law from serving liquor to patrons under the age of 18 and intoxicated persons
• Activities such as ‘stage diving’, ‘moshing’, ‘climbing’ and ‘crowd surfing’ are strictly prohibited
• Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Security will be ejected from the event
• The promoters and organisers reserve the right to refuse entry or reject patrons from the event at its sole discretion
• The promoter or venue shall not be held liable for loss, injury or damages sustained entering or at the event
• By entering this event site, you agree to be filmed or photographed which may be used for marketing or promotional purposes
• The promoter reserves the right to vary advertised programmes and to add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary
• Smoking is not permitted within 4mtrs of any dining areas.
• Anyone found to be breaking conditions of entry inside or outside the event or any behaviour deemed to be anti social will be
refused entry and/or ejected from the site without refund.
• By using our medical facilities, you consent to the promoter having access to your medical records
The following restricted or prohibited items are not permitted by patrons into the event:• Glass. No glass is allowed for safety reasons.
• Anything that may reasonably be considered a weapon at Security’s discretion
• Professional photo or video equipment. Small cameras and digital SLRs for personal use are fine
• Animals (other than registered guide dogs).
• Umbrellas, Canopies, Tents or Shade Structures
• Furniture, including camping chairs, couches, etc.
• BBQs, cookers, gas bottles, fireworks, generators
• Any BYO alcohol
• Illicit drugs
• Lasers or laser pointers
• Flags with poles, large flags or banners that may obstruct the view of other patrons
• Any item that you intend (or such quantities of the item from which Management can reasonably infer that you intend) to distribute,
hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
• Any other items as determined by Security or Management that may cause injury or public nuisance; and
• Plastic sealed or opened drink containers (only empty reusable water bottles are allowed into the event)
• Face Masks
Q - Is this an 18+ festival?
A - Yes, you will need to be 18 or older to attend this festival
Q - How much are tickets?
A - 1st release is $55 + booking fee | 2nd release is $65 + booking fee | 3rd release is $75 + booking fee | final release is $85 + booking fee
Q - Will there be buses running to the festival?
A - Yes. Shuttle busses are the best way to get to & from GYO! There will be dedicated shuttle busses from throughout the Forster / Tuncurry region. Routes, Stop Locations & Timetables will be published closer to the event.
Q - How much will the bus be?
A - TBA
Q - What time does the festival finish?
A - Festival operating hours are 12:00pm to 10:00pm
Q - Can I bring my own drinks?
A - No. GYO is a Licensed venue so any outside alcohol will be confiscated.
Q - Will there be parking?
A - Yes. There will be dedicated paid event parking near to the event. Parking prices to be announced closer to the event. We encourage car-pooling so if you come with 4 or more, parking is Free! Note: We do not condone drink driving. If you plan on consuming alcohol, leave your car at home & catch the shuttle bus : )
Q - Will there be food and alcohol for sale at the festival?
A - Yes, there will be multiple bars and food vendors, serving up quality produce and tasty beverages!
Q - Will there be an ATM at the festival or is it cash only?
A - There will be cash out & eftpos facilities at the bar
Q - Will there be merch for sale at this event? Is it card or cash only?
A - Merch will be sold for the event & our performers. The Merch tent will have cash & eftpos facilities.
Q - Can I bring shade structures or chairs to the event?
A - No. Please do not bring anything that can cause a potential trip hazard. For full list of what to bring / what not to bring, see our Conditions of Entry info page.
Q - Do I need to bring ID?
A- Yes. No Photo ID = No Entry. Acceptable forms of ID are Passports, Australian State Drivers Licences, Australian State Proof Of Age Cards
Q - Can I bring my ticket on my phone or do I need to print it out?
A - Keep your ticket handy in the Eventbrite app or print your ticket/s out and bring them along with you.
Q - Pass outs?
A - No. We’ll have plenty of great entertainment, food & drinks to keep you going throughout the day.
Q - Can I get a refund on tickets I've purchased?
A - Sorry. No refunds.
Q - If I need to update my details on my ticket, how do I do this?
Q - Is there a dress code for this event?
A - No Masks, weapons or other illegal paraphernalia - otherwise (in the great words of N.W.A) express yourself!
Q - I can't find my ticket - what can I do?
A - Information here on how to retrieve your tickets https://www.eventbrite.com.au/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_AU
Q - What are your social media handles?
A - Instagram is @growyourownforster | Out Facebook page is facebook.com/growyourownforster
STONE AND WOOD
Born and raised in Byron Bay, Stone and Wood take a fresh approach to brewing handcrafted beer in the Northern Rivers of NSW.
Today’s hottest music lives on Max FM. Wake up with Brekky With Macka - the biggest stars, the best prizes and the hottest music.
Batlow Cider are a 100% Australian, independent cider company that produces premium quality ciders for cider-lovers to own and enjoy.
The Stash House is a street and skate store in Forster, Newcastle, Jindabyne, Byron Bay, Nelson Bay and Gosford.
Saxby’s Soft Drinks was started Taree by George Saxby. 150 years on and five generations later, we’re all enjoying the great taste of Saxbys soft drinks including George’s Stone Ginger Beer, made to an original family recipe.
MidCoast is the Local Government Area representing the Gloucester, Great Lakes and Manning regions. MidCoast is located on the NSW coast between Newcastle and Port Macquarie.